Translate

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Breakfast of Champions

Well the night came and fell on day one of the steubenville trip and after watching two episodes of How I Met Your Mother with everyone, Rachel and I decided to split for the evening.
There is one thing about Steubenville, among other things, that really made me pause and acknowledge. The campus at night is beautiful. Walking back to Tommy was truly inspiring. The street lights, cast an eerie light that bathed the buildings in an iridescence. Everything glowed with an almost magical essence, as the silence was intermittently interrupted by the rustling of the wind in the trees.
Step after step we made our way back as a peace settled over the campus. Everything was calm. Steubenville felt like a peaceful safe haven away from the busy lives bustling about in the city just outside the campus. I never slept so good on a floor before.
We woke up the next morning with a start, and we dashed this way and that getting ready to go to Church. It's an unspoken agreement at Steubenville, that Church is to be treated with respect. The guys are in khakis, some in suits,  and the girls are in dresses or skirts.
Steubenville takes "Sunday Best" to a whole new level, and honestly it was a nice change from the sweats and jeans I normally see at home.
I think it's also another unspoken agreement that everyone on campus can sing or play guitar. Which is probably why the music during Mass was so amazing to the point of inspiration. Everyone was so hype for Mass. I actually saw people smiling... SMILLING... while they were walking in to take their seats...
It made me smile to see.
And you'll have to take my word for it, but when Steubenville people praise... they praise.
Afterward was a very hearty breakfast in the Caf, consisting of an assortment of choices including: homemade waffles, pre-made waffles, a variety of cereals, scalloped potatoes, eggs, regular potatoes, sausage, bacon, whipped cream, fruit, and anything else you could possibly think of. 
I'm normally a food snob, but I have to admit, that breakfast impressed me.


Favorite Quote:

We call it, "The Mega Bed"

No comments:

Post a Comment