Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pregnancy is not an option....part two

I guess I left the last post off on a weird note... but you know, stuff like that isn't good for the morning, it put's a damper on your day. I had to eat a pack of Ritz Peanut Butter crackers, a bagel, and some peach snapple before I could pull myself out of the dark hole it sunk me into. I decided to finish because

  1. I'm getting some sushi in about an hour so I'll be able to release any tension this decided to slap down onto my soul.
  2. I'm not running anymore (see "Oh dear...)
  3. It'll be nice to get this out of the way

If you haven't looked at part one, take a quick peek at it, just so you're not confused.

A beautiful girl from "down under" commented asking me about adoption so I decided to start off with that.

Adoption can be a sensitive topic, but it doesn't have to be. I have two other sisters adopted from China as well.  Maybe one day I'll write down the story.

My parents are great, they're super, super open about the whole adoption thing. (I mean it's seeing as you know, Dad's Irish, Mom's Italian, and they have three asian daughters...it's kind of hard to hide). Anyways being adopted was never a negative thing, my mom would always say to me, "You know, normal kids, their parents were stuck with what they got. Me and your Father, we chose you."

But that's not to say it wasn't hard. It was always hard. I remember one time they asked us to do a family tree, so I drew a picture of me with a question mark over my head... I got an "A+"

I don't know when my birthday is. I know it seems like a little thing, but you don't know what you're missing if you've never not had it. Of course, now I can wake up everyday and wish myself a happy birthday, because every day is my Birthday.

I always feel out of place. Sometimes I don't even feel comfortable in my own skin. But I always have the saying, "Nurture not Nature." Just because my mom didn't birth me, doesn't mean anything. I have her personality, her creative artistic view at the world, and her ability to make anyone feel comfortable and safe. I have my Dad's love of science. I have his love of music, and his respect of politics.

People often ask me if I'd ever go back. You know, to China. I did. I went when I was in third grade to adopt my little sister, Bridget. She was so cute. Funny story though, she looked like a boy when she was a baby, and I was so freaked out I made my mom check the diaper.

I never want to meet my birth mother... and if given the chance, I don't know if I'd have the courage too. I love my parents, and I'm happy with them. My mom is my mom and my dad is my dad. It's that simple. It makes no difference if they birthed me or not.

I forgave my birth mother. It took a while, and lots and lots of therapy. I had alot of anger and sadness, but I've learned to trust and let go. No matter the circumstances, she chose life. She chose not to kill me. She decided that I was more than a fetus, I was a child, and she chose life. I love her for it, forever and always.

Sorry this post was such a downer, I just had to finish... the next one will be better. I promise. It's also my time of the month so I probably made this much more depressing than it had be. On that happy note...

Favorite Quote of the Day:

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

5 comments:

  1. You know what? It wasn't a downer. It was beautiful.

    I'm glad you're able to talk about it even though it's hard because courage is knowing you might not be able to do something but doing it anyways :)
    I guess it would hurt. I can't say I understand, because I'm seventeen years old and only starting to see the world as it is. I grew up without a care in the world as my parents and older brother had sheltered me so much. You might not believe this, but I only came to know in the past two or years or so that we were once so poor, that my parents couldn't afford a place to live or even a water bottle.
    I might not understand, but I definitely get that it's a lot to deal with. Just like knowing your parents starved so you wouldn't.

    "You know, normal kids, their parents were stuck with what they got. Me and your Father, we chose you." -> Just. Wow.
    And you know what else is pretty wow? Normal kids are stuck with parents they got, but you have awesome parents that chose you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow... You know you never realize how lucky you are until you hear how the world is. I'm so sorry that you had to experience that. and SHOUT OUT to your parents, they sound like superstars. I appreciate your words, they bring fuzzy feelings to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true :)
      But I never actually knew it so I guess, I'm extremely lucky.

      Delete
  3. Is ignorance bliss? That's gonna be my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey again :) that was beautiful . Like it really was. u do have awesome parents because they raised u super well . Ur super cool and the best friend ever for doing that at the meet on Tuesday ;) lol if u remember . But anyway , u have a lot to look forward to && sorry about the bad grammar . I just wanna catch up on the other posts before I gotta go to bed . But anyway can't wait to see u girl ! Byee c:

    ReplyDelete