Translate

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

That moment during an argument when you realize...you're wrong

So, the reason this post hasn't been...well..posted, is actually pretty straight forward. I've been sitting here for about 15 minutes, unable to think up something mildly amusing, with just enough sarcasm to keep you reading. Why am I writing a blog?  Honestly.


I'm just having an off day. I need topic ideas, if you could post some below that would be...helpful. I have too many ideas running around in my brain. I can't seem to catch any of them.

I guess I could do the title, because we've all had those moments when we passionately defend something we soon realize is wrong, and then sit there defending it half-assed because we can't take back our statements that we've already passionately expressed through colorful language and a gesture of expressive hand motions. I believe the expression is, "open mouth, insert foot." Although these moments are embarrassing, annoying, and something to be avoided, the world wouldn't be able to turn without them. Humans need arguments to survive. It's just that simple. We're sick creatures who take pleasure in the displeasure of others.



Think about it. What if you watched a movie where everything good happened to everyone and they all lived happily ever after because nothing bad or mildly amusing ever happened to them. No one would watch it.... NO ONE! It would be like watching barney 24/7 and even that had mild conflict.
What you would watch, however, is a movie where people are having a great time at the beach and then get eaten by a killer shark, and then the shark eats a little boy and his dog and all these fisherman have to go out and find the killer shark (who really is just underfed, it's not his fault humans are invading his home), and then the protagonist's son almost gets eaten by the shark, and then the protagonist almost gets eaten by the shark. Then this protagonist hops in a boat with a man who lost his leg to said shark and hasn't recovered since, and is slowly going mentally insane. Then the man goes mentally insane and gets eaten by the shark as the boat starts to sink with the protagonist inside, and then the shark blows up (the movie I described is jaws... I guess I should apologize for the spoilers, but that we go completely against the point I'm trying to prove). See, people like conflict, they like discomfort, they like death. They take pleasure in it. I take pleasure in it. It's just a way of life. Now I'm not saying that everybody is like this, because there are those few of us out there who are just peppy, preppy, and happy to be alive.

But tell me the truth, isn't this



Much more entertaining than this:
So next time you hit mild or even major conflict in your life, thank the moment, embrace it. Because without it, we'd all be holding hands skipping through a field singing Kumbayah, while the clouds puffed and the fields joined in, in chorus. And that's no fun.




Favorite Quote For The Day:

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

PLEASE SHARE THIS BLOG WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS, PUT IT ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, ANYTHING! It's really hard to get a blog going, but with your support, we can make it...probably... so yeah, if you have the time, subscribe, email me, comment on how much you wish I'd delete this blog.... I'm pretty much open to anything

5 comments:

  1. Just rant. About anything actually. That's usually how it goes, as long as you don't overdo it by finding fault in everything.

    I think I laughed for about 10 minutes at that quote haha :D

    Oh. You know I'd love to share it. But my friends don't even read mine OTL
    They're more of the youtubing, instagramming, tweeting people.
    Don't worry, there's still Ben and I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand completely, ranting blogs get to the point where you can only take so much :D

    Some of my friends read mine, but mostly random people stumble across mine at like 12 o'clock at night when they should be sleeping... (like you and ben :D)

    Sybil and I appreciate the support

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, your blog is very interesting, can you check out mines? It's WeIrD tEeNaGe LiFe......http://weirdteenagelife.blogspot.com/
    ps love the memes

    ReplyDelete