Translate

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ok this one's a rant

I think I have anger issues.

I was trying to straighten up the house for my mom, when my little sister just flat out refused to help. Then she started stomping around because I wouldn't let her use the phone to call her little friends until she put away her bike. Then when I asked her where I could put her folder because I was trying to clean up, she turned around and screamed "I'M STILL USING THAT!"....


So being the totally cool, calm, collected, and role model sister that I am, I threw her folder down, and kicked it so it went flying across the room, hitting her backpack with a loud THWACK.

 
All the while I'm standing there huffing like a steam engine. 


Of course, then she started sobbing and while grabbing her folder ran upstairs to nurse her wounds, which if you ask me, where totally self-inflicted.

Do I have anger issues? Is that normal? Of course as soon as that first tear hit the floor, an onpouring of guilt washed over me like that tsunami that smashed into poor old little Japan. (Funny story: my little sister's asian, so the analogy kind of works)

But of course, after the initial denial that any part of her grief was my fault, I realized that my delivery could have been alittle smoother.

Then my parents came home, and were super happy with the cleaned house for all of 15 minutes...

I had set the nook ontop of the toaster...not thinking...and well the toaster got turned on and the nook got hot....really hot. And all of a sudden everyone's flipping out over "WHO PUT THE NOOK ON THE TOASTER!"

Well I told them it was me, and I turned on the nook while they were still flipping out and it still works... Then my dad got all upset that I didn't react with a "OMG!" and an overraction like him. Then he gets on this soap box about how, "You don't care. Why don't you care? Stuff like that doesn't grow on trees. You're so ungrateful...blehblehbleh." When I just had to sit there and acknowledge the fact, that cleaning the house, and helping to cook, and doing all the shit I do was not even being taken into account. Maybe I'm wrong here. I probably am. The whole self-blame process takes alittle longer for me.

I'm so tired...I think I'm just going to quit for the day, the next post will be better, I promise.

Comment below if you think I'm in the wrong, criticism from strangers is so much easier to take.


Favorite Quote for the Day:

I hate two-faced people. It's so hard to decide which face to slap first.

11 comments:

  1. No . I don't think u have anger issues aha . Not at all !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then all of a sudden you're hit with a flashback from cross country, "MOVE YOUR BUTTS NOW!!"

      Delete
  2. Of course you do. Don't we all?

    But since I've decided to take a more pacifist approach to life after I became more immersed in my religion/s (I'm Hindhu and Buddhist FYI), I have realised that while anger is a natural emotion slash instinct, there are better ways to deal with some situations.

    I guess there are many things you did right here, rather than wrong. Yes, of course, yelling at your obnoxious little sister that is in mid-puberty and probably needs to tell all her little friends about how she just ran into her little crush skateboarding his cool little skateboard (assumption) is not the way to go.

    You're older. You know what she was doing was wrong and she will too (just not anytime soon unfortunately) but the unfairness of her actions justifies your anger.

    The thing with your parents is that I'm sure your parents realise your efforts; it's just that the nook was on the toaster at that point, which I'm pretty sure means all logical thinking flies out the window. Trust me, your parents reflect on this stuff. If you talk to them about this later on, they'll react more calmly too. And you need to make sure that your argument/point is sent across clearly. Make them understand that you're trying hard to help around and you wish they'd acknowledge that.

    But don't worry too much; it's just a part of growing up (says the other 17 year old).

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. In Rebecca's defense, the nook still works.

      By the way, I hope you didn't turn it on when it was still fri- I mean, hot. That would've been dangerous.

      Delete
    2. Um, well, I like to live on the edge...

      Delete