Translate

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Mothers

Cross country had just ended and my legs had officially hit that moment when you can't feel anything but a spinning pain. Then my mom walked in so I lay, very, very still..


But of course it didn't work because, mom's can see everything.

On that note.

Shout out to my mother, my wonderful shining star of a mother, who totally puts all your mothers to shame. That's right! It's my mom's birthday today.

My mom is one of the coolest people I know. (Disclaimer: This is going to turn into another one of those, MY HERO, stories so feel free to leave if you think you might be embarassed at how AWESOME my mom is.)

Well here's the thing, I used to hate my mom. Hate with this loathing that just ate out my insides and suffocated my heart. Everytime I saw her my blood pressure would rise, my fists would clench, and my heart would burn with a fire straight from hell. I felt like all she ever did was tell me what I was doing wrong. Nothing could ever be good enough, except of course my angelic older sister who God-forbid ever did anything wrong.

Then one day, it stopped. We started communicating (aha see that older blog coming into focus?). Talking. It did wonders.

Now my mom is my hero. Or well, one of them (I have a few)

She sews for a living, and can do anything from sewing on a button, to making a prom dress, from scratch. She even alters wedding dresses and makes curtains. I mean, who does that?

She also cooks amazing food, and shares my love of fooding. We can sit for hours eating food, and then hours afterward talking about how amazing it was.

She loves animals. Now I'm not talking, "Aww what a cute puppy", then walks away. No, my mom is "Aww look at that cute chicken!", then buys 6 of them. She did that with one of  our parakeets, chickens, old rip'd hamster, our goldfish, and countless other pets that have made their way into our home.

My mom is a rockstar. She'll sit there and play just dance with us for a couple of hours on a rainy day. Or sit by the fire and talk about "the good old days". Or go sledding. Or...well you get the point.

She's a globetrekker. She practically lives in Italy, and even biked Tuscany one time. She adored Ireland, and thought Mexico was "exotic". She went to WYD 2011 in Spain, and visited France and Bermuda.

My mom is probably one of the funnniest people you will meet. Which explains why she's constantly surrounded by her friends. She's a good friend too. She'll do anything for a friend in need.

My mom has alot of friends.

My mom can smell guilt from a mile away.

My mom has eyes in the back of her head, and ears that can hear anything, and everything.

My mom's a spy. She knows EVERYTHING. There's no getting away with anything with her around.

My mom is the bomb.com. Jealous?


Favorite Quote for the Day:

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

1 comment: