Translate

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

An apple a day...makes me want to add caramel or cinnamon to spice it up

I have always been a foodie. Since birth. It's not even a joke, my mom said every time she would turn around I would have my mouth open ready to take a bite. In all the home videos of me as a toddler, I would always have a mouthful of something, causing my cheeks to puff out like a chipmunk. The only time I was seen food-less was... never actually.

Overtime this has developed into an eating disorder. An over-eating disorder. I think it's called gluttony... isn't that a sin?

One day my chinese metabolism is going to fail me, and I'm going to wake up a fat waddling asian. Then I'm going to have to exercise, which would be an extremely awkward due to the fact that I hate it.


I mean, it's not like I sit on the couch all day surrounded by tubs of Ice Cream and candy wrappers, watching Biggest Loser. I run cross country and I play volleyball, but that's only so I don't wake up a fat oompa loompa. Trust me, if I could literally sit down and not move and not get fat, I would totally do it. No shame. But I guess that's what weekends are for.

Of course, my over-eating isn't at all helped by my love of cooking, which probably stemmed from the gluttony. Cooking is a curse. Now, I'm one of the lucky ones who can cook, and I'm eternally grateful to my parents for embracing my passion in the subject as soon as I took an interest. Most teenagers at my age are completely lost in the kitchen, and even opening a can of soup can turn into a struggle. But the reason cooking is a curse is because it turns you into a total food snob. Suddenly, diners and restaurants just don't meet your expertise of a palette, and you get upset. I can no longer eat breakfast in a restaurant because, the eggs are always too dry, the pancakes are always too much fluff and not enough flavor, the bacon is always too greasy, and the toast is always toasted too much, and as a whole the meal just tastes like something out of a box, but that's just my opinion.





2 comments:

  1. I'm really picky about food too. Exercise can't stop me from eating though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh trust me, ever since X-country stopped I gained like 5lbs and wow, no shame.

      Delete