Translate

Friday, October 4, 2013

Unsatisfied

Girls are never satisfied. It's a part of our design, our DNA. We're constantly striving for greatness, and even when we attain it, it's never good enough. We're never content with who we are.

We struggle, and we try to make ourselves better through a plethora of materialistic things like makeup, gyms, diets, high heels, clothing, liposuction, breast implants, face lifts, shaving, waxing, and a couple of things too horrible to even mention. Why are we never content?

Guys are always content, but that's not really taking into account that a guy can go to bed and wake up looking even better than he did the day before.

Girls on the other hand, struggle in the morning. Have you ever had one of those days where you stumble your way to the bathroom and all you can see is


This is my morning every morning. Of course my first reaction is to splash alittle morning freshness on my face, so all my makeup smears down my front with a look that can only be described as horrifying.

It's hard being a girl. We do so much, and for what? FOR WHAT? Guys can look at you and go, "You look nice today", when you actually look like that guy from Kiss. And all you can do is look at them and say,

"I look like the Joker"

 
.... and walk away.
 

Girls don't look nice for guys, even though that's what they think. We, girls, look nice for other girls. Why is that? It's been this way forever. Guys could actually care less about what the girl is wearing, as opposed to how little the girl is wearing. Girls are the ones who sit there and go,

"Oooh I love her pants"

"OMG what IS she wearing?"

"Is she really wearing that?"

"Is that Armani?"

etc.

We're insecure, and we don't have to be.  We are beautiful, beautiful creatures.

Favorite Quote for the Day:

Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn't help if your ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up.
Audrey Hepburn

4 comments:

  1. Wow, did Audrey Hepburn really say that? hahaha

    I think it's just for self-confidence. When you look good, you feel good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is for self-confidence. But why can't we be confident in the fact that we look amazing without makeup as well. Now this isn't a post shunning makeup because Oh My Gosh, makeup works miracles. I'm just saying that it doesn't have to be a constant mask of shame to hide behind. We're beautiful without it.

      Delete
  2. you know who this isOctober 7, 2013 at 9:53 PM

    Meghan 8th and I were talking about how ugly we feel on camera and allat . A camera can really bring ur confidence down && seeing other girls with pounds of makeup and editied over edited pics like India westbeooks really make me just say " well shit." but hey I'm still going thru puberty && I guarantee I wont look much like I do when I'm closer to ur age lol . Or will I ?!!! Btw Answer my comments , lol !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know what else is ugly, feet.

      But beside the point, everyone has their ups and downs. You'll get there pretty girl, you'll get there ;)

      Delete