Translate

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Oh dear...

I feel like that shady looking blob the cat dragged in, ate, and spit back up in a hairball. After yesterday, you think I would've managed to reboot myself back into reality with a spring in my step, and a quip in my voice, but alas my sarcastic mold has cracked and I'm going to have to do some serious repair before I'm up and running again. Literally running, actually. You see, my friend Holly had this brilliant idea that I should join cross-country (why does it seem like all great ideas are you're friend's ideas...?). It's actually an extremely relaxing sport and it's good for the soul, but my gosh, muscles I didn't even know existed are throbbing. After that first practice, man I thought never again, and yet I continued to go to practice...and now I have shin splints. But that's ok, because through this I learned a very, very valuable lesson.
What am I running from?
That's right. What am I running from? I'm sitting there jogging this 3.1 mile course thinking to myself "I am mentally insane...who does this? Why am I running?" Everybody grab a notebook, or paper, or a human, or a wall and right this down. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Because it can be applied to all aspects in life. Say one day you're walking away from a conversation, "What are you running from?". Or maybe you want to say something assertive and don't. "What are you running from?". Or maybe you're a cross country runner like me, "What are you running from?" When I'm on the course, I pretend that everyone is a zombie...but actually...

Personally, I run from alot of things.

  1. Emotionally unstable people
  2. Chores
  3. My chickens
  4. Uncomfortable situations
  5. Angry People
  6. Murder Scenes
  7. Shady alleys
  8. My parents (sometimes...most of the time.... just kidding :D)
  9. Homework (It's why I started this blog in the first place)
  10. Chucky
  11. Clowns
  12. Horse teeth
But in the end, I realized, "But hey, I run towards alot of things too!"

  1. The Holidays
  2. Summer Vacation
  3. Icecream
  4. The last piece of cake
  5. The lunch table at school
  6. My friends when they need me
  7. My chickens (well actually I run after them)
  8. Those in need
  9. My family
  10. My faith
  11. Food in general
  12. Camping trips
  13. Frozen Yogurt stands
  14. Concerts
  15. Matt Smith (Long live Doctor Who)
  16. All things Disney
  17. Mulan
And then after all of this occured I came to realize, "Life is a Journey". We're going to be constantly running everywhere, everywhich way. And sometimes, we won't even know which direction we're running. You just have to remember, to always keep moving, and "RUN FOREST!! RUUUUUUN!"


Favorite Quote For Today:

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Quick shout out to VILLA VICTORIA!! WOOHOO CROSS COUNTRY TEAM DOMINATED!! I love you guys!

Also quick thank you's to

  • Tiffany
  • Alyssa
  • Rachel
  • And my beautiful, beautiful class
For supporting and helping to promote my blog... I really appreciate it guys, it wouldn't be the same without you.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That's pretty cool.
    You see, when I realise that there's actually no reason for me to be running, I would have stopped right there and gone home.
    But you. You're inspirational :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inspirational? That or just really stupid :) The only thing that keeps me going is promise of a popsicle at the end.

      Delete
  2. Haay ! I got my name in ur blog !! Aaah ! I feel so special ;D <3 But I'm obsessed with it because ita so interesting . Seriously. I'm reading it Rebecca ! But I love u girl and KEEP IT UP ! Its gonna go somewhere c: anyway yaay for u and great blog girl !

    ReplyDelete