Translate

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I was feeling peachy

Tuesday... that day after Monday.

 “Mondays are mundane, like Tuesdays minus 24 hours.
”
Jarod Kintz, This Book Title is Invisible

Except for the fact that Tuesday is more like Monday plus 24 hours. Which if you think about it, is kind of depressing on a deep spiritual level that can only truly be understood by the sleep deprived. And of course this all ties back to my lack of sleep due to homework, activities, and my inability to shut the TV off at midnight. Netflix is just too beautiful.

Ok, does anyone here read a book, even a picture book? (haha I can just see your faces dropping with dread)


Now you have to understand, I don't hate books, I genuinely enjoy their presence on earth. However, this doesn't mean I spend my time sitting in the middle of a library surrounded by every novel I can get my hands on, completely ostrasizing my self from the real world, whose only friends are those in books, with no hopes of digging myself out of the fantasy reality I created for myself. 

Unlike our little friend here...




But I do enjoy a good page turner here and there.

List of reasons why books can sometimes be beneficial in the "real world"

You Can...
  1. Ascertain a highly functional fully extraneous vocabulary
  2. Impress that super hot super smart nerd
  3. Chop it up and make art
  4. Learn the proper spelling of words like erogenous and introvert
  5. Pass the time
  6. Dig yourself out of the deepest pits of boredom
  7. I mean, worse comes to worse you could always just use it for firewood during a zombie apocalypse, who says you even have to read it?
Reading doesn't even have to be something functional, like a book. Think about it, odds are if you're a teenager, your life evolves around the necessity to read.
  • texts
  • textbooks
  • fastfood signs
  • clothing tags
  • facebook posts
  • any kind of posts
  • any kind of media
  • movie titles
  • anime titles
  • t-shirts
  • name brands
  • my blog
So anytime anyone gives you hard time about your reading or lack there of, just point to this post.

Favorite Books/Plays:
  1. The Good Earth by Pearl S Buck
  2. Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
  3. The Giver by Lois Lowry
  4. Crime and Punishment by  Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  5. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
  6. Chocolate Wars by Robert Cormier
  7. A Street Car Named Desire by Tennesse Williams
  8. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  9. Macbeth by William Shakespeare
  10. Animal Farm by George Orwell
  11. Frankenstein by Mary Shelly
  12. Othello by William Shakespeare
  13. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
  14. Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
  15. Grendel by  John Gardner
  16. Harry Potter (Every Book) by J.K. Rowling

1 comment:

  1. While I agree with you completely, there is one thing though I'd like to point out though.
    Who needs reality when you have Harry Potter? :D

    And wow, the quote hahaha! I was wondering where that was going and then BAM!

    ReplyDelete