Translate

Saturday, November 9, 2013

It's ok Mr. Turkey, I didn't forget about you



 


Now I know you all feel this way, because I do too. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THANKSGIVING? You walk into anystore right now and you are guaranteed to be smacked by Christmas. I know everyone is ranting about this, but I swear I was this close to punching someone when I walked into the grocery store looking for halloween candy and almost snowplowed santa to the ground. And it was like, "What are you doing here?"

In lieu of my pain, I wrote a poem.

Tis the Season
 
Although this season should be jolly
Malls are filled with Christmas folly
Clothes and shoes and games galore
Line the shelves out to the door
Stressed out parents stand in line
Listening to their children whine
Selfish people push and shove
Never caring or showing love
As I watched, very bemused
Dazed men walked around confused
Just trying to buy their wives a gift
But instead get lost in the frazzled rift
I think this season has become
A competition to more than some
While people strive to buy the best
They put themselves into more debt
Seems Christmas is about getting more
Which is why this season I do abhor
 
Amen
It's just frustrating, honestly. I love Thanksgiving, it's my favorite time of the year. It's the only time when not gaining 30 lbs while eating the holy grail of carbs is considered rude. And granted, yes it is a heartwarming celebration of family and gratefulness, but honestly, it might as well as be called Thank-the-dear-lord-mom's-a-great-cook day.



 
Favorite Quote:
Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment